OSB - Oriented Strand Board, is an engineered product formed by 3 layers of wood in vertical orientations. The strips in the upper and lower layers are oriented lenghtwise, whereas the strips in the middle layer are crossoriented. Thus laminated layers are then compressed and bonded together by a very high temperature and pressure with a waterproof wax and resin adhesives. This manufacturing process enables to get panels that are resistant to humidity.
Oriented Strand Board has been developed especially for construction industry.
According to its natural and mechanical attributes, the OSB is devided into:
- OSB2: OSB board for dry environment (internal use)
- OSB3: OSB board for mild humidity (internal and external use)
- OSB4: OSB board designed for use in high humidity and high density (internal a external use)
- 1220 mm x 2440 mm x 9-26 mm
1) Regular Dimensions: 2,440 x 1,220 x (9 / 12 / 15 / 18 / 21mm)
2) Glue: MR/Melamine/ WBP
3) Wood material: Poplar + Pine
4) Packing: Pallet
5) Grade: E1, E2
Attributes of OSB products:
- Tight construction and high strength;
- Minimum twisting, delaminating or warping;
- No rotten or decay, strong against corrosion and fire;
- Water proof, consistent when exposed in the natural or wet environment;
- Low formaldehyde emission;
- Good nailing strength, easy to be sawn, nailed, drilled, grooved, planed, filed, or polished;
- Good heat and sound resistant, easy to be coated.
Utilities of OSB products:
- Wood construction: external wall coverage, roof coverage, flooring base, constructional insulation board,flooring;
- Package, container, shelf, pallet (for heavy machinery);
- Core board;
- Building material;
- Concrete forming.